Saturday, June 26, 2010

A Co-Sleepers Tale


For all of you who have co-slept or have thought about it let me just say, once you start you might get one of these. That is my bed you see there, and that is my child, yes. She is now three and a half (or "almost four" if you ask her). She has been sleeping in her own bed for about 2 years now, but she loves to fall asleep in our bed, its like a treat. We start her in her own bed, do our night time routine; read, chat and pray,and one of us will usually stay for a bit to snuggle and then we try to leave her to fall asleep on her own. Some nights she does great, some nights we wants us to stay, and some nights she sneaks into our bed. This one particular night she had asked me if she could start in our bed and I said "no". I really wanted her to rest in her own bed. But a while after we left her alone, I went in my room to fold some laundry and this is what I found. Its like she is flaunting her sneakiness. Look at her taking up all the space and laying across the whole bed, using all the pillows, covers everywhere, arms sprawled out.

If you are wondering who the boss is in our house you can probably figure it out now. The picture is your hint.  
Posted by Picasa

No comments: