Friday, December 30, 2011

Round Two, Add More Sugar or Did Someone Lick the Spoon?

We pulled it off again! This has become one of my favorite days of the whole year. The day started with two little boys who were in trouble from the moment they saw each other, the dog's water bowl, and a step stool leading up to a sugared counter!

Three little girls making cookies together. This year they are old enough to hand the recipe and make cookies! What at sweet gaggle of girls, I hope they join us every year and never get too old to cook with their mamas.


M & M baking together!

I never could figure out why the kids didn't eat lunch all day...

You can imagine angels singing here... we made 21 trays of these! Last year we doubled the batch, this year we tripled it. They make great gifts to your neighbors!

**We used this recipe, I mixed it up with whole wheat and used brown sugar instead of the white. But its so easy to follow PW's directions and have 5 kids, and three women chatting at the same time. And when you gather a group like that you need to follow easy directions.

And they are now delivered!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wishin i was there for all that amazingness!

Lily of the Valley said...

A lovely idea for the neighbors. I, myself, shared some goodies with neighbors - cinnamon & sugar (I used brown sugar) almonds. Hope all is well, Holli & Todd.