Sunday, February 26, 2012

La Leche Shrine




I know you all think I'm a nut about nursing babies but wait until you see what I came across! Just up the road in St. Augustine, FL there is an actual shrine to Our Lady of Leche. So of course I took pictures for you all...



Here you can read all about her. "She" is the mother of Jesus, and we honor her "tenderly nursing the Infant Jesus during the months of his human helplessness."



You can even light some candles when you say a prayer for your children.


You all can just imagine how excited I was to be there. There is a lot written on this topic and a Youtube video called "Breastfeeding Baby Jesus" with every painting painted throughout history of Mary nursing Jesus. You can look it up yourself if you want to see it.

Happy Sunday!


No comments: