Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A Working Mom

Aside from my birth work (mainly teaching classes these days) I also work part time for our church Children's Ministry. This week here is my office...

If you are a work-from-home-mom you might have these moments too. The dashboard desk...


The "lap-top" work space...

And the reason for the odd work location... the sleeping toddler.

This is normal for me on Monday mornings. I take our eldest to school and sometimes on our way to my office Owen will fall asleep in his car seat. Needing to get a lot of work done but not wanting to wake the baby, I will often sit in my car outside of the office working, printing things, making calls, having appointments by the front door (and not in the office), and even cutting out crafts. This particular day I got about 2 hours of uninterrupted work done, ahhhhh, such a luxury.

Cheers to all of you trying to get some work done with children along for the ride!

No comments: