Friday, August 22, 2008

Splat Mats

My dining room table sits on carpet and thus my child is eating over carpet... this is a recipe for a huge mess. There are a few solutions to this and so I wanted to post a way to save yourself a lot of cash.

You can buy one of these for around $25-35. They are cute... but don't really cover a very large surface. I'm not dissing this brand specifically. Here are a few others that are totally adorable (and the companies carry some really cute things:
Little Dudes
In this very room
My Retro Baby


But you can just buy the oil cloth for $7.50 per yard at Mendel's Far Out Fabrics
I recommend 1.5 yards for good coverage (which is actually much bigger than the one's above) and you can get any color or pattern you could imagine. At this price you can buy one for the dining room and put one under the paint table in the playroom!
I just wanted to share my little discovery.

No comments: